These are 20 Things that I should have told my husband before we got married, but I’m pretty sure he already knew them.
1. I don’t shave my legs everyday! Once a week in the spring and fall (usually summer, too), twice a week in the summer (if we are going to be outside a lot), and twice a month or so during the winter.
2. I read a lot, and therefore require lots of bookcases, unless you want to find books all over the house. And when I am given ample bookcases, I don’t sit in front of them to read so you will still find them all over the house (although not as bad as if I didn’t have the bookcases to store them in).
3. I like to cook and experiment in the kitchen. And we will eat it (or fast food if it’s really bad!).
4. I like sex. So contrary to popular belief, it WILL NOT stop after we get married. You will be the one saying, “Not tonight.”
5. I am not your servant. I do for you because I want to, not because I have to. If you come to expect it, you will be doing it yourself.
6. I am not Martha Stewart. I didn’t graduate from Stepford College. Our house will not be spotless, but it won’t be trashy, either. There will not be handmade decorations or a six course meal on the table every night.
7. I love attention. I love to be held and I love to be pet. I love to snuggle.
8. I wrap myself in the covers and will put up a huge fight in order to keep most of them. If you need more than a sliver, get your own!
9. I have lots of weird habits and thoughts. They often seem to come out of left field for people who don’t live in my head. I have to eat candy pieces two at a time and one color at a time. I eat the food on my plate one kind at a time. And I am not really as organized as I seem.
10. I like to take pictures, as long as I am the one behind the camera.
11. I write lots of lists and nonesense. I write on whatever paper I can find lying around. It will generally still be lying around when you find it and can’t make sense of what is written.
12. I have really weird dreams. I write them down in a composition book I keep by the bed. You can read them, but please don’t try to analyze them. They would freak out Stephen King and Dean Koontz. They could make lots of money for made-for-tv-movies on the SciFi channel. But I write them down for me. Not them.
13. I watch chickflicks. Lots of them. I also like to watch LMN and Lifetime. Yup. That’s right. The channels that you like to refer as TMHC (The Man Hater Channels).
14. I enjoy getting all dressed up. Sometimes for no reason, sometimes to make you sit up and take notice. I know you like it. Just make sure to let me know sometimes and I will do it more often.
15. No matter what I say, I LOVE compliments. Please give them freely. You will be nicely rewarded.
17. It really is the little things that count. I love getting those phone calls that go like this:
YOU: Hey. Just wanted to all and say I love you.
ME: I love you, too.
YOU: Talk to you later; bye!
18. I may be a prissy girl at some point, but I still love to get all down and dirty in the mud (I love to go off roading) or all greasy working under the hood of a car. I might not know what I’m doing, but I love to learn.
19. I like long baths. I like them even more when they are uninterrupted. I love my “me” time.
20. Movies. I am a movie junkie. I’ve seen more movies than you could imagine. I can quote movies like you wouldn’t believe. So don’t be surprised if I spout off with a quote from a movie if I deem it appropriate, and don’t be surprised if you want to see a movie and then find out I’ve already seen it.