We are going to continue getting to know me today. I’m going to tell you 10 random facts about me that not many people know. My trusted circle is small.
If you continue reading, you are agreeing to keeping my secrets safe. You are agreeing that you will only tell no more than 1,573,068,632 people, ever, what I am going to reveal to you in just a few more moments. This list is not exhaustive of all of my secrets. It is not even close to all of the nittiest grittiest dirtiest of facts about me. They aren’t even close. But they are all true, I swear it.
Now, without further ado, I bring you the much anticipated list of 10 Facts About me!
10. I have a fascination, nay, an obsession, with even numbers. I can’t even eat M&M’s unless it is two at a time. If there is any extra left over (I also sort them by color and only eat one color at a time), I offer them first to my husband, my children, and then my boxer dog in that order of their availability.
9. I am an avid reader. I love to read just about anything. I’ll pick up a book because it’s on sale and find a new favorite author. True story. That really happened. I picked up a copy of Still Missing by Chevy Stevens one day off of the bargain table at the front of a Barnes & Noble just because the front cover looked super awesome. I have since bought at least a single copy of each of her following books, sometimes two copies (an e-book and an actual book). I’ve also won two, that’s right, TWO, advanced reading copies of her books before they were released, thanks to Goodreads.
8. I am a lover of all things I deem awesome. Like these socks my husband and son surprised me with one day. Not only are they purple, which is my favorite color, but they are Batman (that’s a whole story by itself), and they have their very own capes! It just does not get more awesome than that.
7. I am currently 26% fluent in German according to Duolingo. I must admit that I have come pretty far from just knowing how to say pretty much nothing to actually reading and understanding and knowing what a tweet said last night in my feed, when it was in German!! I was pretty proud of myself. Then I woke up this morning, still riding the high, and did today’s lesson.
6.We move around, a lot, for my husband’s job. In fact, we are in our third house in our third town in as many years. The last place we lived didn’t have too much room and we left several boxes packed up, sealed, and left alone. Because of this reason, I have realized, with this most recent move into a slightly larger place with a garage that I don’t NEED all of this stuff. Some of it has no place in my house except to cause clutter. For this reason, and the fact that I am tired of dealing with clutter and shuffling things around my house all the time, I am taking part in the #Declutter365 mission to help reduce the amount of clutter and to help improve my peace of mind. I’m following this blog, Home Storage Solutions 101, and doing the daily decluttering missions. I already have a small tote half full of things to put in our garage sale this spring, along with a few other things we deemed should go to someone else who needs them that we put in a corner of the garage for the same garage sale as we started unpacking the house.
5. I am a die hard Law & Order: SVU fan. It is my number one favorite show. I have yet to miss an episode, though I will admit I sometimes record them for a month or so and then binge watch the new episodes. If there is a marathon on USA, it’s a pretty good bet that I’m watching it, or at least have it playing in the background while I go about my day adulting and such.
4. I have completed a single 5K before, the Color Me Rad 5K. The kids did it with me. We had a great time and I would love to do one again soon.
3. I love to open a bag of chips and see all the chips that were cooked a little bit longer than the others. We call them darkies and I think they are the best tasting chips in the entire bag. I once opened a bag and found several just waiting there near the top for me to pick them up and savor them, one at a time. That was the best bag of chips ever.
2. I once made the best batch of Loaded Baked Potato Soup in the crock pot once. I have since tried a couple of times to replicate it, but it hasn’t been as good as that first batch. That’s another post on it’s own, too. I promise it’s coming and I promise I’ll share pictures and the recipe I used.
1.Last but not least, there’s this little tidbit of information. I am a natural blonde. Even all these thirty plus years later, no matter what color I put in my hair, it is blonde at the roots and grows out blonde. It’s not as light as it used to be, I attribute that to the boxes and bottle of dye I used on it in middle and high school and the crazy colors I’ve put in it since. However, I love being a blonde, and the old adage rings true for me. Blondes have more fun.
So, there you have it. 10 facts about me. Tell me something about you. What is something that not everyone knows, but is ok to tell me?